Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Pirates of Never'mor -- Crits wanted!

Author Topic: Pirates of Never'mor -- Crits wanted!
SiliGurl
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for SiliGurl   Email SiliGurl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for someone who might be willing to review a fantasy short story of 10k words. Unfortunately, with my deployment looming up, any responses would be needed before the 8th. If interested, please LMK and I'll email the document to you.

Here's a sample:

Barefoot, Elanna stumbled across the wet cobblestone street and felt the damp chill seep through her entire body. Rain trickled down the sides of the dark buildings lining the alley and fanned out like greedy fingers to snatch at the garbage and filth sequestered within the alley’s deeper recesses. Purplish-bruised thunderclouds obscured the sun, letting only a muted grey light to guide her steps. The only sound was her own footsteps slapping against the street and the pattering of rain around her. There were no customary cries of seagulls and no vendor catcalls pushing overpriced goods-- nothing to reveal where she was or why she wore a thin shift barely covering her nakedness from whatever prying eyes lurked out of sight.

Thanks,
Sili

Posts: 306 | Registered: Feb 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
JBSkaggs
Member # 2265

- posted      Profile for JBSkaggs   Email JBSkaggs         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it a look.

jbskaggs@hotmail.com

Posts: 451 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
GZ
Member # 1374

- posted      Profile for GZ   Email GZ         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be willing to take a look.
Posts: 652 | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
NewsBys
Member # 1950

- posted      Profile for NewsBys   Email NewsBys         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got time if you need another reader.
Posts: 579 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
dpatridge
Member # 2208

- posted      Profile for dpatridge   Email dpatridge         Edit/Delete Post 
i would've loved to take a look, unfortunately, my motherboard on my desktop fried, and it's too uncomfortable to read something that long on a laptop. if time were not so urgent i would have said that after i get my desktop back i'd read... oh well.

anyways. i like the story so far, from what i can get of it right now. been a long time since i read a pirate story

Posts: 477 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Send it over. I've got the week off.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.