Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Feedback

Author Topic: Feedback
W. Rought
Member # 2186

- posted      Profile for W. Rought   Email W. Rought         Edit/Delete Post 
First off let me say I am usualy straight forward and makes me seem harsh, but I do not mean to be that way.

If this is the begining of the story, somewhere in the limits of what you can post there should be somekind of action OR get the reader introduced to the main character.

I like the discription of the lands but you shouldn't start with it. You can put the discription later OR work bits and peices into the story as it progresses.

Someone once told me when you write a story it should be like standing with a picture touching your nose. As the story goes on it would be like slowly stepping back giving you more and more of the picture.

Just my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
HuntGod
Member # 2259

- posted      Profile for HuntGod           Edit/Delete Post 
/dons his detective cap.

I wonder what story this is feedback for?

/scratches his head and sits back languidly smoking his meerschaum.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
W. Rought
Member # 2186

- posted      Profile for W. Rought   Email W. Rought         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops....seems I can not click on the right button to post.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Sep 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
The right button is "post reply" and the left button is "post new topic" so you clicked on the left button instead of the right button.

If you want to say which topic you were trying to reply to, I can quote your post there. (I don't think this software allows me to move the post to the correct topic. At least, I haven't figured out how to get it to do that.)

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Netstorm2k
Member # 2279

- posted      Profile for Netstorm2k   Email Netstorm2k         Edit/Delete Post 
I AGREE!!!

Oh, wait...

Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Netstorm2k (edited January 24, 2005).]

Posts: 331 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.