Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Different Segment of the same scene

Author Topic: Different Segment of the same scene
in_defiance22
Member # 2344

- posted      Profile for in_defiance22   Email in_defiance22         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a different segment of the same scene. I Think that it is mostly L3P cinematice perspective, but maybe someone could help. POV I've studied alot, but boy is it nearly the hardest part of writing for me. Also I've posted a little more than thirteen becasue I think I should probably edit this whole segment down till it fits into thirteen lines, thus I've provided the whole thing.(in other words, feel free to slice and dice to hearts content, this is one forum setting when im asking for it where im obviously open to criticism)

Moving with swift assurance it strode towards the only structure visible, a low lying cottage with the flicker of candle light glowing through it’s few windows. It did not deviate from its course, but with a burst of unnatural speed it came to the door of the cottage. The shadows that lay beneath the entryway, which played naturally on such a night, coalesced as the figure drew near. When it paused they grew darker, bolder.

The figure raised one of its arms and the darkness around it responded. A shadow extended itself from that nebulous mass and writhed itself into the lock of the door. The figure gestured again; a quick wrenching motion, and the lock was torn free. The sound that should have followed such a destructive act was strangely absent, as if the deadened calm that accompanied the dark figure made it impossible for sound to escape.

With the lock broke the figure casually opened the door and entered. The flame from the candles that hung on the walls flickered and twitched as the shadow surrounding the creature danced with the light in the room. The walls of the room seemed to shudder as the creature’s cold gaze swept across it, searching. The creature closed its eyes. It inhaled slowly and its chest began to swell. Its body became barely visible as though it were surrounded by a storm of black sand. Indeed at times it appeared that the creature was turning from a solid substance into that of darkness, only to then return back into solidity a moment later.

Anyone willing to read the whole thing just ask

[This message has been edited by in_defiance22 (edited February 01, 2005).]

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Cinematic can be used to good effect. Depends on the context.

I'll take a look.

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel Thurot
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see the whole thing as well. Send it my way.
 | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.