Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » an idea

Author Topic: an idea
NilzarkK
Member # 2340

- posted      Profile for NilzarkK           Edit/Delete Post 
wbriggs post in open discussions popped this idea in my head...would anybody want to read more of this story if I wrote it?

------------------------
“Don’t wurble wurble at me! I’m telling you that Jesus can save your soul sir!” The bald headed guy with the blue robes was growing impatient.

“Uh sir, there is no need to get excited. The Kohgyann Ambassador is trying to tell you—.” The translating robot defended.

“The word of God is absolute! All souls shall receive mercy if—.”

“That’s it, your time's up! Guards!” Almost immediately two burly men with thick mustaches grabbed the monk and carried him away, all the while the man protested about repenting until he was out of earshot.

Rodg counted his place in line. He was third up now. Nobody suspected he planned to kill the Alien. He saw the purple faced ambassador talking to the robot. Rodg had no doubt they were in cahoots. They were probably exchanging information they skimmed from the brains of the greeters in line. He knew they would sense something different about him when they couldn’t read his mind, so he planned to move fast; he was going to shoot for the eyes as soon as possible. In preparation for this assassination Rodg Ferling had black market implants in his two middle fingers. Transdermal bio engineered needles with individual poison sacks waited spring loaded behind his finger nails. When he was close enough he would give the proverbial double finger, a sign of respect on the aliens home world, and then it’s lights out.
-----------------------------
This is of course a bit tounge in cheek.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ender39
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for ender39   Email ender39         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it! The dialogue is sparse enough to be believable, and help establish the idea of some kind of procession before the ambassador. The set-up is superb, plunging right into the moment, and even adding a little bit of cynical flare with the removal of the priest (or monk). I would love to see where this is going. The double middle finger? Doesn't that cancel out a double dog dare? *joke*
Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.