Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Freddy Krueger -- final edit

Author Topic: Freddy Krueger -- final edit
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a final round of crits on my utricide flash. Basically I want to make there isn't anything glaring that should be changed -- I am not looking to overhaul it.

-----------------
Freddy Krueger Conquers the Scot
Words: 980
Genre: Dark Humour
------------------

There are I times I get angry. Real angry. But to my credit, I’ve never done anything I might regret in the morning. I mean, it isn’t like I’ve killed anyone – yet. My new neighbour has me re-evaluating my position on frivolous, justifiable homicide.

Consider this. Every morning I get up and go to work. It’s early and I’m not a morning person. I don’t drink coffee and Coke just burns in my stomach if I drink it too early. So it is best if people just leave me alone until at least nine o’clock. I don’t think that’s asking too much. Finally, the weekend comes and I can sleep in. Finally, after five days of pre-dawn hell, I get a reprieve, a day where I can relax and get the sleep I need to recharge my batteries. It keeps me sane.

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
JOHN
Member # 1343

- posted      Profile for JOHN           Edit/Delete Post 
johnlewisjr89@gmail.com

I'll take a look at it. I owe you a couple anyway.

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll read.
Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
LMermaid
Member # 2778

- posted      Profile for LMermaid   Email LMermaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm intrigued by both the opening and the title. I'd like to read the whole thing.
Posts: 150 | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
RobertM
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You have a good voice. I was hooked enough to keep reading past the 13th line to be sure.
 | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.