Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Age of Bable (2nd round)

Author Topic: Age of Bable (2nd round)
Aalanya
Member # 3263

- posted      Profile for Aalanya   Email Aalanya         Edit/Delete Post 
Would somebody be willing to review the first 1000 or so words? Here's the first 13 lines.

From the Book of Origins, Chapter 3, Section 2

Then mankind became greedy in its desire for knowledge.

They said to themselves, “Look around at all the works of our hands. We have brought mountains low to bow before us. We have conquered the depths of the sea and the expanse of the earth. We have flown amongst the stars and brought the heavens within our reach. Let us now become masters even of the smallest particles that we may be as God with the power to create and destroy.”

Then they set about to learn the secrets of creation.

And God said, “Shall I allow them full understanding of my designs and the ability to create and destroy as they will?”

Thus he cursed them with a great confusion, and across the whole earth man was divided; for God made him to distrust his

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited February 23, 2006).]

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x__sockeh__x
Member # 3069

- posted      Profile for x__sockeh__x   Email x__sockeh__x         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm...I liked it. Don't usually see religious stuff around here, but that's cool. Maybe it's just me, but I'm unsure of whose POV this is coming from. Mankind's as a whole, or God's. I think it's from mankind's POV, but I'm not sure.

[This message has been edited by x__sockeh__x (edited February 22, 2006).]

Posts: 168 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aalanya
Member # 3263

- posted      Profile for Aalanya   Email Aalanya         Edit/Delete Post 
It's from a religious text written many years later. Most of the story is not quite so religious... at least not in the way that this is.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.