Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » a novel

Author Topic: a novel
EmilyAsAlways
Member # 3323

- posted      Profile for EmilyAsAlways   Email EmilyAsAlways         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I'm writing a novel, and finding it a lonely process. I live in a country that is not my own, so I don't have access to writers groups in the English language here (my novel is written in English). I would really like to find someone who is interested in reading and crit'ing my writing via email (and also maybe exchanging ideas on the novel writing process). I have two and a half complete chapters, but over two hundred pages of scenes that I'm now working into a chronological format.

Of course I would love to crit. your work too! Please let me know if you'd like to start out trading and crit'ing a chapter of each others' novels.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to find writers that you'd feel comfortable with is to browse all the topics and start contributing your own comments on them.

The best way to find writers who'd feel comfortable commenting on your writing is to post a thirteen line sample of your work here and ask if anyone wants to read more.

I will also say that it's easier to get readers for short stories than for novels, for a variety of reasons. Novels are not forbidden, though, and if that's what you're working on that's what you've got.

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
We do have more luck with short stories around here, but I have a suggestion: Post your first 13 and ask if anyone will read the first chapter or two (depending upon the length). You'll get more volunteers if you participate in the discussions here and offer to critique short stories. Then, if you found someone's critique particularly useful, send them an e-mail and ask if they'd be interested in exchanging further chapters.

Don't forget to post the title (even if it's tentative), genre, word count (of the section you want read), and mention that you want readers for the first chapter or two, not just on the first thirteen.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.