Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Legacy of the Demon [Science Fiction / Fantasy]

Author Topic: Legacy of the Demon [Science Fiction / Fantasy]
Doublehex
Member # 3433

- posted      Profile for Doublehex   Email Doublehex         Edit/Delete Post 
She could not believe it. She simply could not believe it. The prospect that she was to be to perform a vow she had dreamed of performing ever since she was but a mere girl, when she would have childish fairy tales read to her as much as possible, when she would sit on her mother’s lap and they would talk so foolishly about this very particular event, of the importance behind it and yet the great happiness of it. Every day she would smile with great pride of the day of this vow, for her there was no more important vow than this one, not by a long shot.

She smiled with great pride when she finally realized that she was going to get married. She, Princess Alladra of Galbadia, was going to exchange vows with Duke Fredrick Zarakan, the

I am looking for someone to act as a pre reader for me, to give me CC as I continue to write this. If you are interested, please give me your IM so that we can talk.

AIM - doublehex168
MSN - doublehex@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited August 12, 2006).]

Posts: 20 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 
CC?

I don't use IM.

I like the characterization here. She's a mercenary and a money snob. Cool.

I think you could cut most of the words and get the same effect, which is good, because I got lost in sentence two, unable to follow it.

quote:
She could not believe it. She simply could not believe it. she was to perform a vow she had dreamed of since she was a mere girl: she was going to get married.
She, Princess Alladra of Galbadia...

[This message has been edited by wbriggs (edited August 12, 2006).]

Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixydust
Member # 2311

- posted      Profile for pixydust   Email pixydust         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think you labor too long and get to the point a little too late. Let us in on it asap like Will mentioned.
Posts: 811 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doublehex
Member # 3433

- posted      Profile for Doublehex   Email Doublehex         Edit/Delete Post 
CC?

-CC stands for Constructive Criticsm. I thought it was a commonly used term in writing circles. My bad for presuming too much.

I like the characterization here. She's a mercenary and a money snob. Cool.

-Mercanry? Money snob? Where on earth did you get those idea from?

Posts: 20 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.