Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Filthy Blood - Fantasy, About 3800 Words, First 13

Author Topic: Filthy Blood - Fantasy, About 3800 Words, First 13
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the revised first 13 from my now complete short story. My original post can be found here.

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum11/HTML/003134.html

I am looking for people to read the entire work and critique.

-- BEGIN SAMPLE --
Ailith Bar’un pulled her hood low around her head as she moved through the crowded market. The travelling caravan had attracted most of the inhabitants of the small town of Bregan’s Landing and its surrounding farms.

The bustling crowd made the market more dangerous for her than normal but it also made it easier for her to slip by unnoticed. She had to be careful; the mere sight of her elfish features would infuriate the locals. Ailith was only a half-elf but the people of this region didn’t see a distinction.

She caught sight of Angus, a young brute that she knew would expose her. Ailith stepped up to a merchant’s rickety booth and pretended to eye his wares while actually keeping an eye on the youth.

--- END SAMPLE ---

Thanks for your time!

Anthony

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Send it on over to me if you want, but I have another crit before it and I'm working on a story of my own, so it will be a few days at least.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Send it on over to me if you want, but I have another crit before it and I'm working on a story of my own, so it will be a few days at least.

Sent. Thanks Merlion.

Anyone else? Also, if you indicated you would like to read it in the other thread please do so again here. I don't want to assume that you are still interested.

Thanks!

Anthony

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll read but I've another to read first and I'm quite busy so it might be a week or so before I get back to you.

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

quote:
Okay, I'll read but I've another to read first and I'm quite busy so it might be a week or so before I get back to you.

Sent. Thanks!

Anthony

Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Send it through. As with the others, it may be a few days before I can get to it.

Regards,

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

quote:
Send it through. As with the others, it may be a few days before I can get to it.

Sent. Thanks Nick!

Anthony

Badger
Member # 3490

- posted      Profile for Badger   Email Badger         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll read. Not sure how detailed a critique you're after, but I'm happy to read and share my 'wisdom'.
Posts: 64 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse D
Member # 3241

- posted      Profile for Jesse D   Email Jesse D         Edit/Delete Post 
You can send it over; you're taking the time to read mine, so I'd love to return the favor.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

quote:
You can send it over; you're taking the time to read mine, so I'd love to return the favor.

Sent. Thanks for reading, Jesse.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AWSullivan (edited June 30, 2008).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.