Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Hoodlums

Author Topic: Hoodlums
ArachneWeave
Member # 5469

- posted      Profile for ArachneWeave   Email ArachneWeave         Edit/Delete Post 
Robbi could have been mistaken for a dare-devil network tekkie, if she'd been in electric blue. As it was, while she held herself precariously on top of the support beam, fingers under its rim, feet like a runner's at the starting blocks, she just was hoping not to fall to her death. Though she was wearing a gray jumpsuit, she had to trust no one would look up from the distant street and notice.
She shifted forward again, reshuffling her feet so the left was front. Primates would have been proud of her form—knuckles down, hips rocking, brows low. Too sluggish, maybe, but forget dignity. Besides falling, she didn't want to screw this job up. She wasn't a network tekkie, but she was gonna try to be ... once she got off the six-inch steel balance beam.

This story is a little over 5000, I'm looking more for volunteers to look at the whole story than to pick apart the opening here. Obviously it needs it, but it's in it's second draft alread, and I'd like some more structural feedback to get that squared away and then tackle the density here.

Feel free to do whatever, though. Thanks!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Since no one else seems to be up for it, send it through.

Regards,

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.