Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Example 2 of 6 - Forget Me

Author Topic: Example 2 of 6 - Forget Me
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
(As a result of discussions in other threads, I have decided to post six openings to stories of mine. Two of these sold to the first market they went to; two sold after garnering rejections; two remain unsold).

The spell had failed.
Thavong War-Gwai slumped back, exhausted. There were pools of clotting blood all around him. Twelve bodies hung from the rafters, each roped by their ankles, each with their throat slit.
Twelve bodies, drained of blood. And nothing. Feng Hsieh was still dead. Her body lay, still and pale, on the catafalque. There was no colour in her smooth cheeks; none in the pouting lips.
I am sorry, he thought. I am sorry I killed you. It was a mistake. It was an accident.
How much blood is it going to take, to bring you back?

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, nice spare style. Although I preferred numero uno.
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.