Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Lost and Found-Fantasy-5,300 words

Author Topic: Lost and Found-Fantasy-5,300 words
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even going to try and ressurect the first, now two-month-old thread for this. This is a modern-setting fantasy story of the "Be careful what you wish for" type. Thoughts on the opening are fine but I'm mainly looking for readers.

Katherine Cain was about to make archeological history. More importantly, perhaps, she was about to vindicate her life’s work. All the time, energy, and money spent researching the Lost City, all the ridicule she’d endured for even considering its existence a possibility. That was all behind her now as she stood before what she and Eric had named the Last Door, deep within the temple-structure at the heart of the Lost City.
Eric smiled at her. “Are you ready to uncover the wonders of the ancient world and the mysteries of the supernatural?”
“I’ve been ready for over a year,” Kathy replied.
“Longer than that. Much longer.”
Kathy nodded. “But when we found the ruins, I knew this was it. Then it was just a matter of finding the spot.”

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Smooth writing. I just wish to know where the "Lost City" is?
Buried beneath the jungle growth of the Amazon? or Cambodia? or Africa? or under the melting Antartic or Greenland ice shelf?
Just give me an appropriate hint of your mysterious lost world setting.

Respectfully,
History

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandgeek9723
Member # 7886

- posted      Profile for bandgeek9723   Email bandgeek9723         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks interesting, I'll give it a read

--

Received and read, proofed copy in your inbox

[This message has been edited by bandgeek9723 (edited October 16, 2010).]

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps a little late to the party, but I'll read it, too. (Do tell me what level of critique you want when you send it - line edits, or more global? I'm new to this here.)
Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
What's your email, Grayson? It isn't in your profile. If you want just shoot a message to my email and I'll respond. And your not late at all, I wont even be doing edits on this for a while so you're good.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.