Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Book signing on Nov. 6 in Orem, UT

Author Topic: Book signing on Nov. 6 in Orem, UT
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
The good folks at Writers of the Future have set up a book signing for me at the Barnes & Noble on University Parkway in Orem. I'll be signing copies of L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future, Volume XX, which contains my story "In Memory."

I will also be signing All the Rage This Year, which contains my story "The Man Who Moved the Moon."

So, if you're in the area but not at the BYU football game (Hey, the time for my signing was scheduled before they scheduled their game), come by and say hello.

Update: Forgot to put the time. It's from 2:00-4:00pm.

[This message has been edited by EricJamesStone (edited November 05, 2004).]

Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't say what time the signing is, Eric.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! It's from 2:00-4:00pm.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Rats! I've got a family thing then, or I'd try to be there.

Will it be just you (so you aren't alone) or will there be others there?

When I did my WRITERS OF THE FUTURE signing, I was with James Jordan and Susan Kroupa--whose stories were in different volumes from mine. It was nice to have someone to talk to, especially since there weren't a lot of people there to ask for us to sign books for them.

EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

Just me, I'm afraid. I'm expecting long periods of boredom.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Maybe if you took a plate of brownies or chocolate chip cookies....
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you make it out to the East Coast sometime. Let us know!
Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
That is TOO cool! Are you nervous? I'd be sweating bullets.

But, you know, one of the richest moments for me at the AML Conference was when Shannon Hale said that book signings really helped her fall in love with her audience--to see them and meet them. It was then that she no longer felt that twinge of embarassment when people asked her what she wrote and she told them 'fantasy'.

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowynd
Member # 2077

- posted      Profile for shadowynd   Email shadowynd         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, EJS!!

Is there any chance you'll be doing a signing in Cheyenne, WY? That's close enough that I'd come and get a signed copy, and keep ya company for a bit. *G*

Susan

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

The signing went fine. The only thing that made me nervous was the thought that nobody would buy the book, so there would be nothing for me to sign. Fortunately, that turned out not to be the case.

Sorry, Susan, but I don't foresee any Wyoming signings any time soon.

[This message has been edited by EricJamesStone (edited November 07, 2004).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.