Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » The Last HammerSong in AlienSkin

Author Topic: The Last HammerSong in AlienSkin
Edmund
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Edmund   Email Edmund         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Last HammerSong," my WOTF quarterfinalist from last year, has finally found a home. It went live today at www.alienskinmag.com Thanks to all my Boot Camp buds, as well as Amy Keeley from the main forum, who provided such helpful feedback.

The Last HammerSong is SF with a bit of a horror twist at the end, so naturally AlienSkin put it in their fantasy section. Hardly the goofiest thing I've ever heard of, it is still a bit of a head-scratcher. I mention that mainly because I don't want any one to go in expecting dragons or dwarves or anything like that.

Thanks. Enjoy.

Posts: 1200 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Many congrats.
Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Edmund. That's a wild twist.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for Beth   Email Beth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats.
Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edmund
Member # 2044

Thanks, all.

Tune in on October 15th when the esteemed Mr. Eric James Stone, Hatrack's own prodigy, Ms. Rachel Ann Dryden, and yours truly (among others) help Uncle Orson launch his Intergalactic Medicine Show. I promise, you won't need a spoon full of sugar to help this medicine go down.

Posts: 1200 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah13
Member # 2283

- posted      Profile for Isaiah13           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah! I remember that one! Great story and hardy congratulations!
Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Edmund!
Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

BTW, did you ever place that great flash story about the guy who made a deal with the devil?

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum11/HTML/000415.html

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edmund
Member # 2044

Good lord but you guys have long memories.

Actually, that flash ("A Solid Deal") was published in the very last issue of NFG. It came out a couple of months ago - and then they folded. A coincidence?

[This message has been edited by Edmund (edited October 05, 2005).]

Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
I always remember a good story, and I especially liked that one. It was smart, suscinct and a shining example of tight, flash writing.

If my writing could have half the wit and intelligence of that piece, I would be a much better writer.

Glad you got it placed, even if the market folded shortly thereafter.

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edmund
Member # 2044

I wish I could think of something clever to say here, but I'm honored and flattered and I'll leave it at that. Thank you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.