Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Reviews of Hatrackers!

Author Topic: Reviews of Hatrackers!
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Tangent Online just posted a review of Shimmer, which includes these gems of our own Hatrack writers.

About onepktjoe, the review said:

quote:
J. Albert Bell’s “Finders Keepers” sheds some light on the afterlife, a recurring theme in this premier issue. Rupert works for a Mr. Fox, who has done many bad things, such as making way too much in illegal money and ordering the murders of dozens of people. On a rainy night, loud knocks sound at the door and a mysterious man arrives with something Mr. Fox has longed for his entire life. But what will it cost Mr. Fox—and Rupert—to keep it?

An interesting take on several old ideas, Bell’s description and vivid setting skills show his talent as an upcoming name-to-be-remembered...

And mccameron's "A Convocation of Clowns" got this very nice mention:

quote:
“A Convocation of Clowns” by Mel Cameron confirms every fear I’ve ever had about the circus devils in a short scene where a tiny car of clowns arrives in a line of traffic. All seems fine, if a bit weird, as the clowns offer balloon animals to drivers. But then they pop them. This story was scary to read and worse to imagine. “A Convocation of Clowns” should not be read before heading off to the fair.

[This message has been edited by MaryRobinette (edited January 03, 2006).]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations all around, but sometimes it's hard to sort out who's who with the multiplicity of posting names. I know people want to protect their identities...but I've always wanted credit for what I've done, even if it's just a post or twelve...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea this was onepktjoe . Congrats to both of you, and to all of you Shimmery people who worked very hard to get these into print.
Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah13
Member # 2283

- posted      Profile for Isaiah13           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, guys! Well earned.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minister
Member # 2213

- posted      Profile for Minister   Email Minister         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, indeed! And good work, Shimmer people.
Posts: 491 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

I have the (very lovely) print version of Shimmer on my bookshelf. I loved the first issue... looking forward to the second.

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.