Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Reviewing Daily Science Fiction

Author Topic: Reviewing Daily Science Fiction
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
For those living under a rock, Daily Science Fiction is the latest publication that gives novices like most of us hope. They pay pro (8 cents a words), print often (5 days a week), and offer it as a free email. If you are looking for a chance to get published in as a pro, DSF gives you 22 or better chances a month. So thank you to the editors for the extra chances.

One problem the publication is experiencing is it is getting ignored by the reviewers. The reason: Too much to cover. Thanks to Dave Steffen, he has provided me with an opportunity to rectify this injustice...

http://www.diabolicalplots.com/?p=1775

...the problem I am having, however, it is proving to be more than I can handle, especially since I have commited to doing a review a month for a new outlet hitting the scene tomorrow, Rise Reviews.

So I am asking for a little help. Anyone interested in doing a review or two? I need help catching up. I have half of October done but I'm falling behind. If you like to help (everyone should try to review once) contact me. You can pick the story you like to review or I can give one to you.

Give me a ring. Thanks.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyegore242
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for eyegore242   Email eyegore242         Edit/Delete Post 
you can shoot me one if you would like dont mind helping out.

eyegore

Posts: 55 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Give me a week and send me one too.
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
If we can pick what story I agree with PB.

If you can wait a week than tell me more.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Wonderful!

What kind of fiction do you prefer? They have a list on their website with a full gambit of fantasy and Sci-fi.

Most of the stories they publish are under 1500 words with about half in the 500 word range. Their friday stories are their long ones though. If you have any preference, let me know. If not I'll assign you all one...and feel free if you want more. I can give you an entire week if you like.

Here is their site. The story on the page is todays current. On the right is where you will find others in their archives. You see anything that interest you (after October 9th) than take it! If not I'll give you one with a link to it.

I so appreciate it!

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited January 02, 2011).]

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops just thought of something.

Is there a word limit on the reviews? And is there a deadline? I assume from what you said that could be a few months away but tell me if I'm wrong and what it really is.

And I think I would like a story around 1,000 words. Lets say 800 to 1200 just to be on the safe side. Nothing too strange, either SF or Fantasy.

And I'll like fries with that... no make that a baked potato and a salad.

I hope I'm not being too pretentious Maybe I should look myself but I don't want to grab something somebody else choose.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
I love your "diabolical" site.
I've subscribed to DSF to sample their menu.
Thank you.
Are you looking for reviews to post on your site?

Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyegore242
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for eyegore242   Email eyegore242         Edit/Delete Post 
does it need to be from october?
Posts: 55 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with LD on this one. Soup and salad for me, please.
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyegore242
Member # 9317

doing a review of flipping the switch and a game of horse and dragon right now will send you the review via email in a doc shortly, sir.

edit ok sent out.

[This message has been edited by eyegore242 (edited January 03, 2011).]

snapper
Member # 7299

Thank you so much!

Eyegore did two wonderful reviews for me. I sent Teirgan, LD and PB&J one to do. I still can use a hand or two if anyone else would like to join the fun.

@history - Do you want to review a story or two of DSF or did you have something else in mind? The site is owned by steffenwolf (Dave Steffen) but he has been very receptive to such things. You can email me if you like and we can talk more.

eyegore242
Member # 9317

Got stuck on my wotf story so i cranked out one more for you hopefully it wont overlap with anything you have assigned to the others. it should be in your email now.

[This message has been edited by eyegore242 (edited January 04, 2011).]

snapper
Member # 7299

You haven't eyegore. Got your next review and thank you so much for it.

I think I can handle what's left of october but if anyone else wants to give this try feel free to review anything from november on.

You guys are lifesavers.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.