Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » reviews for StarScout Rising, First Trail

Author Topic: reviews for StarScout Rising, First Trail
pamak
Member # 6987

- posted      Profile for pamak           Edit/Delete Post 
I must say, getting good reviews is a really nice experience. I know some not so good are coming, but when you read "I love this book", you feel like Sally Field when she said "you like me! you really like me!"

My husband may have given birth to the book, but I'ml the proud father - an interesting change of roles. StarScout Rising, First Trail is on a blog tour now.
StarScoutrising.blogspot.com for blog tour info.

"Darby has a talent for description, and his characters came to my mind clearly. I could easily picture them as they interacted with one another. I like the intrigue of the first book...." --- Cheri Chesley

"an enjoyable read. I'm anxious to read the second volume and even more eager to see where Darby goes with his writing career." ---- C.K. Bryant

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news! I'm already dreaming up the kind of reviews I'll get one day...

"There has never been a better-written book than this one, except all of the books that have ever been written." - BookReviewer Yearly

"Smoke From An Ancient Fire is really good! Can't wait to read it!" - My Mom

Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Great News and Congrats.

I kinda know how you feel, except mine was only two people-one was on the same writer group as I was and it was for a short story. Yours sounds like a couple of steps above that...at least.

But how do you do a blog tour???

Can anyone join? or do they do just certain blogs?

Keep at it,

as if you weren't going to

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That must indeed feel wickedly wonderful!
Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamak
Member # 6987

- posted      Profile for pamak           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

A blog tour is a great tool. Writers and readers are contacted and asked to review your book. The more the better. I read the other day that for Jeffrey Savage's first book, he had 200 bloggers write about his book. The more people review, the more the name of the book is out there and more interest is created. If you are fortunate, you have many contacts already that you can ask. (friends, social networks, work buddies, etc) The expense that way is just sending copies of your book out. For those of us not so social, hiring a blog tour guide works well. I hired Tristi Pinkston. She has done a great job and has gone well beyond what she was contracted to do. http://www.tristipinkstonbooktours.blogspot.com/

[This message has been edited by pamak (edited March 15, 2011).]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, For something I have never heard of before there's a Guide who makes money doing it???

Boy, I must have been out of it for a while.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.