Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » one in the store!

Author Topic: one in the store!
micmcd
Member # 7977

- posted      Profile for micmcd   Email micmcd         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been pretty silent on the boards lately, as most of my spare time has been going towards getting my serial ready for publication. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth over formatting last night, Shelter From the Storm, Issue #1 of Those Who Die Young, went live on Smashwords, and you can see it at its official Smashwords page. I published to Kindle as well, but that takes a little while to go live (or so Kindle Publishing says). It should trickle down to Nook/Kobo/Aldiko/Stanza/iBooks via Smashwords' Premium Catalog.

It's actually been really fun to write this (and the next issue, which is almost complete and has a preview in the first one), particularly since I did it mostly as an experiment while letting my book cool for a while before editing. I want to give a big thanks to everyone here for tons of feedback, ideas, and crits. I wouldn't have a book waiting to be edited or my first title up for purchase were it not for all the support and interest I got from the people here.

Posts: 500 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! And may it become an internet phenomenon . I hope you'll keep us filled in on how it works out for you, and maybe even a few details on how you got it up on the sites.
Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Crane   Email Crane         Edit/Delete Post 
My copy: Downloaded! ...I mean, congratulations!
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micmcd
Member # 7977

So it was you! I was surprised to see I'd sold a copy this morning. Thanks crane! Hope you enjoy!
Posts: 500 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! That's wonderful! Best of luck with it!
Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
When it does, er, "trickle down," let us know again and I'll see if I can pick one up...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

I was able to download an epub format for my nook from smashwords. It worked fine.

Also, I read the story last night. I don't know if this is an appropriate place to tell you what specifically I liked or not (I don't want to spoil it for anyone), but I did find it charming. I want to know when I can expect part two?

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Work!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micmcd
Member # 7977

Glad you liked it, @Crane! Part two is running through final edits and I have set a tentative date of September 24th. It's possible that I could get it in early.

Of course, you're always welcome to leave a review on smashwords

Edit - ah, misread, assumed charming == liked. I'll be getting the second part out as soon as I can, though I suspect issue #3 will take longer than issue #2. I was hoping to do these monthly at first, but I think bimonthly might be more realistic. Particularly since there is another series, and at some point I want to go back and edit my book. Incidentally, reviews are welcome no matter what your opinion of the issue is.

[This message has been edited by micmcd (edited August 04, 2011).]

micmcd
Member # 7977

@Robert - it now exists in the Kindle store.

Shelter From the Storm

Crane
Member # 9586

Dude. Charming does == liked. How could it not == liked? I may be trapped on a boat in the middle of the middle with not a lot to do, but I do have a lot of books to read. I'm not wasting my time reading things I don't like cover to cover in one night.

micmcd
Member # 7977

Sweet! Got confused by you saying you weren't sure whether or not this was a place to say what your liked about it or not.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Crane
Member # 9586

oh. I see how my post is confusing. Sorry, sometimes my fingers get ahead of me. To be clear:

I like the book, I am going to read part 2. I don't want to talk about the plot here, because I don't want to spoil it for people.

pidream
Member # 9544

- posted      Profile for pidream   Email pidream         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! Dreams do come true.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.