Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Father Francis and His Mechanical Bees in EDF

Author Topic: Father Francis and His Mechanical Bees in EDF
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
My steampunk flash story Father Francis and His Mechanical Bees is up today at Every Day Fiction. I had a lot of fun writing this one, and I hope that comes across in the reading.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm down the five star review.
Er, not a review I suppose as much as a request for more. [Wink]

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov.
Delightful little flash.

There is sufficient depth to the characters and the invented world that I come away with the sense that this is a vignette from a much longer work (perhaps novel).

I have not as yet read much steampunk, but I was reminded of the young adult steampunk novel Leviathan by Scott Westerfield.

Tip of the kippah to you, Jennifer, on another fine story and sale.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. Speaking of reviews...I can't wait to see what my reviewer thinks of your DSF story.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. This story is, at least for the moment, the top-rated story at Every Day Fiction for this year and No. 3 for all time. Holy-moly.

Snapper, I'm curious too, with a mix of anticipation and dread. [Smile] I hope to give your DSF reviewers plenty of fodder in the coming years.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.