Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Bound - Book 1 of the Mirrors of Bershan

Author Topic: Bound - Book 1 of the Mirrors of Bershan
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
I did this yesterday, but I had some writing to do. I've published my first novel, Bound. So far, it's up on Amazon and Smashwords. Kobo will be up soon I hope and I'm just waiting on getting the cover formatted for the print since I've selected and that version will go live.

I have the links on the series' page on my blog here

After a year of working on this book (among others admittedly), I can barely believe this day is here.

-Julie (J Elizabeth Hill)

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!
Wishing you success.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

Thank you. Both excited and nervous as heck about this. Trying to keep busy with more writing. [Smile]

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Great work. Great looking blog too. Excellent cover. And you look nice as well. [Wink]
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

Old picture. The only good one ever taken of me, so I keep it. it's like 5 years old now. [Smile]

Thanks, glad you liked the site.

-Julie

rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

Thanks rcmann!
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Just received an email from Amazon.com with the subject line:

Bound - (The Mirrors of Bershan)

And the message: Are you looking for something in our Science Fiction & Fantasy books department? If so, you might be interested in these items. ...

Your novel was the lead listing of a number of indie/self-pubbed Amazon available novels.

How'd you manage this? [Smile]

Or is Amazon aware of all the "bad press" they've received this past week in removing reviews and limiting the visibility of indie and self-pub authors on their site.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

I have no idea how that happened! I honestly didn't do anything, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a giant grin at the moment. [Big Grin]

Whatever their reason, I'm just... wow. Thanks for letting me know!

-Julie

Heresy
Member # 1629

Aaaand the paperback edition is live:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479221961

Man, I've learned a lot about the order I should do these things in for next time.

-Julie

Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy:
I have no idea how that happened! I honestly didn't do anything, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a giant grin at the moment. [Big Grin]

Whatever their reason, I'm just... wow. Thanks for letting me know!

-Julie

Aaaand the paperback edition is live:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479221961

Man, I've learned a lot about the order I should do these things in for next time.

-Julie

Congratulations on the print edition! And yes, the first one is definitely a learning experience.

Btw, did you do Kindle Select (meaning exclusively with Amazon)?

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

Thanks [Smile] At least I have a better idea how to do things when I work on this process for book 2, right? [Smile]

And I decided against Select because I didn't want to limit my market availability or tie myself to a single platform. I just didn't see it as offering enough to be worth sacrificing the sales potential of other readers. I wanted to be able to say that it didn't matter what reader you had, you could get it.

-Julie

rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
Belated congratulations.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.