Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Tokyo Yakuza - MOMENTUM

Author Topic: Tokyo Yakuza - MOMENTUM
Denevius
Member # 9682

- posted      Profile for Denevius   Email Denevius         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, I'd prefer anyone who was interested in getting a copy of MOMENTUM to purchase it on Amazon when it becomes available. But the story is now avaialbe to anyone who contributed to the Tokyo Yakuza Kickstartr. If you get it there, the series is at a heavily discounted price. If you buy them each separately, you'll be paying full price for each serial.

I'm looking to get some good reviews for MOMENTUM when it comes out on Amazon, however, and I'll announce in a couple of days when it's available to buy.

As always, thanks!

Posts: 1216 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll definitely be checking it out.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denevius
Member # 9682

Now available at Amazon..
Posts: 1216 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denevius
Member # 9682

Ten more days to get the anthology at a reduced price on Tokyo Yakuza Kickstarter. Also, the game itself seems to have been developed well. It'd make an interesting Christmas present.

And if you buy the serial on Amazon, please leave a review. Since the story is only .99 cents (and according to Amazon takes 15 minutes to read), there's no way I'm getting any additional money beyond the advance, but reviews are quite helpful, and I'm trying to get one more than where my first title stalled at 21 (but in two months instead of eight years).

Thanks in advance!

Denevius
Member # 9682

So, the full anthology for Tokyo Yakuza is coming out either next week or the week after next. The whole thing, 400+ pages and 23 authors, is expected to cost $23.99. A bit pricey, but it *is* a lot of material!

If anyone has bought my short story MOMENTUM, please leave a review on Amazon. I just got another one today, and it's pretty cool. The group of authors are supposed to start working on the next anthology soon, which should be pretty awesome!

Here's a link to MOMENTUM.

Denevius
Member # 9682

For anyone keeping up with this, the Tokyo Yakuza anthology should be out by the second week of March. I'm hoping it won't be much later than that, but the launch date is beyond my control. But like I said, it looks like it's going to verge on an anthology/graphic novel, so that's really cool. And the drawings are totally bad*ss. I've seen all of them, and the artists are superb and highly imaginative!

Also, another review for MOMENTUM has gone live on Amazon. Laconic, but positive, and to the point. If you haven't already, get a copy and leave a review!

Again, I hope to announce the release of the anthology in the next three weeks. Thanks all for the support!!

Denevius
Member # 9682

TOKYO YAKUZA is now available! Professionally edited and very complex, two dozen stories interwoven into a highly imaginative, extremely violent narrative taking place in an alternate timeline in Tokyo.

The first pages of the tome are images, which is why I think Amazon hasn't allowed for preview pages. But take a look at some of the stories already available. Of course, I recommend my own, MOMENTUM, but two others I enjoyed most are STONEHEART and FROM FIRE TO ASHES.

Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denevius
Member # 9682

Thanks, Meredith!
babooher
Member # 8617

- posted      Profile for babooher   Email babooher         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my copy yesterday. Very slick!
Posts: 823 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.