Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Hello!

Author Topic: Hello!
TheUbiquitousMrLovegrove
Member # 390

- posted      Profile for TheUbiquitousMrLovegrove   Email TheUbiquitousMrLovegrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! I joined the Hatrack writers forum just a few minutes ago, and I'm a little unsure how this works, but I thought I should introduce myself.
My name's Steve and I'm 19 years old. I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember, and now I'm really beginning to get serious about it.
I've joined a on-line writers group once before but had to drop out because of lack of time, but I doubt that will be a problem here.
I love sci-fi and fantasy fiction, and I've been an OSC fan since reading Ender's Game middle school. I really look forward to reading your works, and hope to share some of mine with you, too.

Posts: 473 | Registered: Feb 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannette Hill
Member # 317

- posted      Profile for Jeannette Hill   Email Jeannette Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess, from your nickname, that you are a Dead Can Dance fan, also. Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here.

Jeannette

Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
jackonus
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for jackonus   Email jackonus         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
Welcome to the Writers' Forum. I was wondering if you were also joining into one of the Writers' Groups (see below in the individual group areas). Basically, that's where you'll see the beginnings (first few lines) of submissions from the various authors in each group. (I hope I'm not being redudant here with stuff you already know).

Anyway, if you want people to read your stuff, you'll either have to join a group (e-mail Kathleen to get yourself on the list) or you can post a message here asking if people would like to read something and offer their critiques. The advantage of being in one of the groups is that those people have to read your stuff (and you have to read theirs).

If you want to just post here, I'd suggest checking with Kathleen anyway.

Mostly what this forum gets used for is discussions of questions that various people have come up with. Sometimes it's just silly stuff to keep us going. Other times it's a serious cry for help.

Anyway, its nice to have a new member. I hope you like it here. Somewhere buried in the older threads is one about who we all are. If you add some information about yourself there, that thread will move forward into the "most recent" bin and we can all read about you. Or, start a new one.

Have fun.

Posts: 303 | Registered: Feb 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
piman
Member # 142

- posted      Profile for piman   Email piman         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to our little writers community.

Feel free to wander around.

I hope you enjoy yourself.

It's always nice to have one more ubiquitous person about!

Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
jackonus
Member # 132

Being ubiquitous is what it's all about.
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.

You can click on the smiley face and go to the discussion that we were all having about ourselves and each other. It was actually started when somebody thought that he was replying to another topic that I had started, which you can find by clicking on the winky .

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

Both discussions feature me to an almost...well, let's face it, an extremely distressing degree.

As a matter of fact, almost all of the discussions in here feature me to an overbearing extent. It's just that there are very few things that I don't take interest in. And even then I usually have something to say on the subject. Or totally off it, as the case may be.

Survivor
Member # 213

Hey, I found an oldy but goody, at least, good it you like a lot of me talking to the complete exclusion of any competing points of view. It's behind the little red face.
jackonus
Member # 132

Actually, Richard, most of the threads here feature you because you persist in posting 3x to every one that everyone else posts.

-- Just yanking your chain. See above, Mr. 3 posts...

Keep 'em coming. I hate it when this place gets quiet for a long time. Glad you're hear to liven it up.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, if you want to join a Hatrack Writers Group, please go to
http://www.hatrack.com/writers/writers/how-to-join.shtml

and read that page, then follow the link to the form and fill that out. It will be sent to me, and I'll see about finding a group for you.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

Actually, I tend to hit the submit button and then decide that I want to add something or clarify something or make a correction. I only use the edit button when I really need to correct a glaring mistake, like if I try a code and it comes out all messed up and unintellegible. See, when you reply, you have a little frame with the topic so you can refer back to what you're replying to, but when you edit you don't have that. And a reply moves the topic to the top of the list, but an edit doesn't do anything at all.

If both of those were different then I would always reply to a topic once, like in the second or third post, and then just edit. That way, I would have this really long post in front of everyone else. I guess that would be sort of obnoxious though, Eh?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.