Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Don't know where to put this---but---

Author Topic: Don't know where to put this---but---
srhowen
Member # 462

- posted      Profile for srhowen   Email srhowen         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently recivied an e-mail that has annoyed me and made me say all right if that's how things are, I think I have had enough. Problem is I don't know who sent it. I searched out the e-mails here and no ones matches even though they claim they read and post on the boards here. The addy is a hotmail one so I am sure it could be anyone--a poster or a lurker. I e-mailed the person back with the below info and the e-mail bounced. Good move opening an account to send harrassing e-mails and then closing it.

You stated that you thought I should no longer post here because I do not know what I am talking about, you also stated that I was not what I claimed to be and you doubted I have ever written anything in my life much less 50,000 words a day---I won't even go into the other stuff you said.

You base this on having gone to the magazine I work for and saying you could not find me listed anywhere as an assistant editor. Go back to www.wildchildpublishing.com fromthere go to the back issues page, that's where we have our editor index. It looks like this:

Editor-in-Chief
Marci G. Baun

Assistant Editors
Charles Rechlin
S.R. Howen

Back Issues
September 1999, Vol. 1, Issue 1
October 1999, Vol. 1, Issue 2
ect.

And I fail to see since I post under the name S.R.Howen, how you could have missed both my article (writers beware . . .) and my serial story (Hidden Truths) and all you needed to do was go to the author's page and you would have seen a nice photo and a listing of my other stories that WC has published. As to whether I write one word a day or 5,000 words a day---oh well, take it or leave it.

All I can say is I am fed up with nasty e-mail and board trolls. I'm a teacher(subing right now) and it always amazes me that students will write things and not sign a name but their style and wording give away who they are.

I suggest you check your facts more carefully before pointing fingers.

Shawn

Posts: 1019 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Liza
Member # 1123

- posted      Profile for Liza   Email Liza         Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn,
I am sorry that happened to you. It was very inappropriate, cowardly, insensitive, and immature. Also, I might add, it seems quite silly, but not to you. I would let Kathleen field it if I were you, though there isn't much she can do with anonymity.
Liz

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's any consolation, Shawn, you're in good company.

Orson Scott Card has had similar experiences with people too cowardly to identify themselves when they make accusations.

Consider the source, and remember, illegitimus non carborundum.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliGurl
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for SiliGurl   Email SiliGurl         Edit/Delete Post 
And don't you dare leave the board... You are appreciated and valued on this board, and that flaming lurker can just... well, in good taste, I'll end it there.

Sorry that happened to you!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Feb 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.