Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Anyone go to Boot Camp 2002?

Author Topic: Anyone go to Boot Camp 2002?
PaganQuaker
Member # 1205

- posted      Profile for PaganQuaker   Email PaganQuaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Just curious if anyone on the forum went to Uncle Orson's Writing Class and/or Literary Boot Camp this past week -- or maybe I'm jumping the gun and it's too early on. I went last year, and boy was that a good writing experience.

Luc

Posts: 380 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Stepper
Member # 1459

- posted      Profile for Stepper   Email Stepper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yessir. I'm still recovering.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Jul 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ergoface
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for Ergoface   Email Ergoface         Edit/Delete Post 
Went to the writing class. Good Stuff, lots 'o fun. Now if I can only find time to write . . .
Posts: 77 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Falken224
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Dang Straight man! Did the whole Boot Camp It was freakin' intense. And no doubt you're all going to have to put up with our newfound knowledge for a while.

For those that haven't been through it . . . do it if you get the chance. It was a BIG eye-opener. (and REALLY exhausting) And OSC was, as always, wise and brilliant.

Now if only I could match up screen names to ppl. (Though I think I know who the other two posters are.)

| Report this post to a Moderator
Stepper
Member # 1459

Okay, Ergoface and Falken...who are you?
Falken224
unregistered

It's Nate here. I think Ergoface is Michael, but I'm not SURE about that.

And who might you be yourself? (My best guess is Mark) *crosses fingers*

PaganQuaker
Member # 1205

- posted      Profile for PaganQuaker   Email PaganQuaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

By the way, we're trying to figure out how to invite Boot Camp 2002ers into the Boot Camp 2001 forum, too. We're looking forward to meeting you all and mixing the old and new blood, so to speak, if any of you all are inclined to visit. It's a good place to get wise readings, for one thing.

Cheers,
Luc

Falken224
unregistered

Y'know . . . it'd be kind of helpful to have some sort of designation (like the Member/New Member thing) to separate who was in BC 2001 and BC 2002 if you do decide to invite us all in. (I'm sure the invitation would be returned for our forum as well)

It's good to know the BC 2001-ers are up for mixing it up. The more wise readers, the better, IMHO.

Now . . . if only WE could get into our forum. (hint hint, wink wink KDW)

-Nate

FlyingCow
Member # 1198

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Something happened yesterday with the website that locked everyone out of both bootcamp sites, but it seems to be working now. (At least the 2001 one works). We'd be more than happy to have you all come and spruce up the place a bit... we've been needing some new curtains, actually.

Posts: 231 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Nate (Falken224) said:

quote:
Now . . . if only WE could get into our forum. (hint hint, wink wink KDW)

Sorry, guys. I have no jurisdiction, no control, no say, no magic powers with regard to the Literary Boot Camp.

I suggest that you send email to the guy who does: janitor@hatrack.com and provide the name under which you registered for Literary Boot Camp, and ask to be admitted.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
Stepper
Member # 1459

Sorry to disappoint, Nate, but I'm not Mark. I'm sure my life would be much more interesting if I were.

It's Stephanie.

--S

Falken224
unregistered

*grin* I started wondering after I posted that.

Ah, I've made worse mistakes before.

But hey! What are we doing standing around gabbing here? We've got out new forum! Whoopee!

C y'all thar!

-Nate

Stepper
Member # 1459

Kathleen,

Thanks for all your help with Endercon. I'm so glad you recommended Janice Ian. You were right, I enjoyed her very much! I wish I had grabbed one of her CD's before the Endercon store closed.

--S

Amka
Member # 1262

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning folks.

Yeah, Janice Ian was astounding.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Sep 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
PaganQuaker
Member # 1205

Hi,

If anyone from Boot Camp 2002 (or anyone else who's particularly interested) has time and energy available to wise read a short story, I have a short one I need to send out Monday that I'd love to have comments on; it's called "5,000 Grubs in a Bad Storm": SF, humorous (well, so I hope), and about 2,900 words long. If anyone's available to wise read it, I'll be happy to e-mail it back to you if you could e-mail me at luc@meadowdance.org. I'm also happy to return the favor, either now or later.

Thanks!
Luc Reid
(Literary Boot Camp 2001)

Ergoface
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for Ergoface   Email Ergoface         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a chance to follow up on this thread. As for who I am. I'm Dave Bennett the guy with the red beard who walked out of OSC's writing life lecture early that Tuesday night with him saying he wasn't offended and wouldn't try to stop me because I was off to teach my karate class (all of which was true, but I had less students that night than he did <grin> ).

Dave

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.