Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Phobos, anyone?

Author Topic: Phobos, anyone?
Rahl22
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone submit anything to the Phobos competition this year? I did. I admit that my submission was not great, but I decided I wanted to submit something. Something is better than nothing, even if it is pretty awful.

If you haven't, or just forgot to, check out the hatrack mainpage. There is a link. You have until midnight, July 31st to submit. Still plenty of time!

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if anyone needs the link, click here
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
PaganQuaker
Member # 1205

- posted      Profile for PaganQuaker   Email PaganQuaker         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, one of the participants in this forum (and a Literary Boot Camp 2001 survivor), James Maxey, was one of the 12 winners last year. It was from his story that they took the name for the 2001 Phobos contest anthology, "Empire of Dreams and Miracles."

Keep in mind that you can submit up to three stories, submissions are by e-mail, and that all stories must have "a science fiction conceit." OSC will be one of the judges, and final judging will be complete within 2-1/2 months (so by all means write other stuff while you're waiting, so as not to go insane).

If anyone needs last-minute feedback on a story, I'd be happy to give it if I have time. You can e-mail a story to me at luc@meadowdance.org.

I have three entries this year, and had entered last year as well. But then, I'm widely known as a busybody and too g*****n scribbly for my own good.

Luc

[This message has been edited by PaganQuaker (edited July 28, 2002).]

Posts: 380 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
GZ
Member # 1374

- posted      Profile for GZ   Email GZ         Edit/Delete Post 
Has just sent off her short story to its contest fate…. <whew> I had forgotten about the deadline. Thanks for the Reminder.
Posts: 652 | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 1262

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious, anyone who entered last year or anyone who knows, what kind of competition are we up against? How many entrants? How many of them are already published?

Where was it advertised?

Posts: 119 | Registered: Sep 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
DO'H!!!!

THIS is what happens when you don't visit Hatrack for months at a time. I didn't even KNOW about the contest!!

Ah well.

Shoot, I would've worked my but off for that story, too. Live and learn.

Chris.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.