Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Chat

Author Topic: Chat
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone ever actually uses the chat room on this site? I popped into it at random times throughout the day on several occasions and it is always empty. Does anyone ever "meet" in there to rant and rave about (or discuss like civil beings) any of the many topics on the bulletin board?

Just curious. Writing is an isolating hobby/job/obsession and sometimes it might be nice to chat about it in real time.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to have a chat then you should probably set a date and time, as well as a subject (and a link to the chat page, not everyone will know where to find it--hint ^).
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Brown
Member # 1118

- posted      Profile for Doc Brown   Email Doc Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
Chat would be a good way to get to know each other. It would also be a good way to discuss very specific topics of mutual interest. For example, if several of us were working on a project together, chat could be a good way to plan and interact in real time.

But I don't think chat is very well suited to most of the topics discussed in the Writer's Forum. Most of the ideas here are too complex for chat.

Posts: 976 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
There are occasionally peole in the chat on the site, but more often we use the chat feature in AIM. THere are a few people from the BFFAC forum that don't have AIM, so whenever they're in chat, they bump a thread to say so.

To get into hatrack chat, Go to 'send chat invitation' and put your sceename and Hatrack Chat into the boxes. I'm in there a lot, and there's almost always a crowd later at night.

edited to add: We end up talking aobut writing and computers a lot. Most of the people that frequent hatrack write, so these things come up. and most of the time we don't have anythign to talk about, so if you want to start a discussion on writing, you're more than welcome.
/rambling

Ni!

[This message has been edited by kwsni (edited November 12, 2002).]

Posts: 177 | Registered: Mar 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.