Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Question

Author Topic: Question
AbsurdMan
Member # 1552

- posted      Profile for AbsurdMan   Email AbsurdMan         Edit/Delete Post 
I just signed on here today, until now I've been in the Young Writers Forum even though I've been 18 for a couple of months now. This Forum seems to operate a lot differently than that one, and I'm not quite sure how it works here. Would someone please care to explain simply what I should do and how I should do it?

I'd much appreciate it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

- posted      Profile for srhowen   Email srhowen         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what you are asking? How to get in a crit group? Or the rules for posting?

Shawn

Posts: 1019 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow-x
Member # 1536

- posted      Profile for Shadow-x   Email Shadow-x         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you want to be in a crit group (a.ka. you write something and have others critique it and you critique their material) you email Kathleen and request a group.

Or you can post in the "feedback and fragments" for critiques, but you can only post 13 lines (to preserve your electronic publishing rights), sending the rest through email.

For others "what should you do and how should you do it?" there's really no guidelines or formality. Just check out the discussions, and if you've got something to say, say it.

Posts: 47 | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
AbsurdMan
Member # 1552

- posted      Profile for AbsurdMan   Email AbsurdMan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks for the 411 there.

Just curious, if I join a crit group are there guidelines beyond that I submit things at my turn in the rotation and critique where appropriate? Word minimums and maximums for example?

Otherwise, I hope to become active in discussions around here.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
srhowen
Member # 462

- posted      Profile for srhowen   Email srhowen         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathleen has suggestions for such, but it is really the group itself that decides on what they can handle.

Shawn

Posts: 1019 | Registered: Apr 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.