Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Help! Trying to find a book...

Author Topic: Help! Trying to find a book...
SiliGurl
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for SiliGurl   Email SiliGurl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm opening this up in desperation, and knowing that you all are some of the best read people around...

There's a "new" novel spring - present 2003) about Jack the Ripper. It's a mystery/thriller/suspense novel by an author I've never heard of, I THINK the last name starts with an R, and Jack the Ripper in no way appears in the title. Beyond that, I've no clue what the name of the book is or who it's by.

Any chance at all that someone can point me in the right direction???

Thanks!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Feb 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
Although the time frame is off by a few months (December 2002), my guess is that the book you're looking for is Curtains of Blood by Robert J. Randisi.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0843950684/theholobase

Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
DiaCornier
Member # 1684

- posted      Profile for DiaCornier   Email DiaCornier         Edit/Delete Post 
A Handbook for Attendants on the Insane: The Autobiography of Jack the Ripper As Revealed to Clanash Farjeon
by Clanash Farjeon

This is March 2003

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliGurl
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for SiliGurl   Email SiliGurl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response... The Curtains of Blood was the one I was looking for, although those fan reviews were disappointing! I'd seen it reviewed in a magazine that raved about it, but didn't pick it up right then and there... The 2nd book may be more promising.

Again, many thanks for solving this mystery!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Feb 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.