Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » New and full of queries.

Author Topic: New and full of queries.
immi
Member # 1784

- posted      Profile for immi   Email immi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys.
I'm new. I have questions.
The workshop-type groups below don't seem to be used much. Is that the case or are messages invisible unless you're in the group? Are you all in groups or do you just come to chat?
Thankyou in advance for any kind answers.
immi

Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
The group areas are for writing groups who want them. There is most likely more going on in the groups through email than the group areas. You can read anything in the group areas but only members of the group can post in them.

Some of us are in groups here, and some are not. This section is for anyone who is interested. There are different areas for posting messages.

This one is more of a general area. The Fragments section is for people who would like to ask other members to read their stories. Just a warning, there is a 13 line limit on the site. So if you go over that ammount Kathleen, our kind moderator, will cut out the extras. This is for your protection so you do not endanger your copyright on your work.

Some of the other sections are well worth reading even though they are very rarely active. Just go to them and select "All messages" in the drop down and you can see what is there.

Welcome...

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
immi
Member # 1784

Thankyou!
So you can post 'fragments' even if you're not in a group?
And thanks for the welcome.
Immi

Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So you can post 'fragments' even if you're not in a group?

Yes. You can do just a fragment to get some opinion on just that, or you may ask who would like to read the rest. If it is really long make sure you let people know first. I believe the average short story runs up to 7500 words (or something close to that). You can email the rest of the story to anyone who would like to read it.

I would suggest looking through some of the other sections: Writing Class and Ways to Critique are good to look at.

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
immi
Member # 1784

Thanks, that's really helpful.
immi

glogpro
Member # 1745

- posted      Profile for glogpro           Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind -- I answered my own question.

[This message has been edited by glogpro (edited October 12, 2003).]

Posts: 550 | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.