Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » A much Needed Death please.

Author Topic: A much Needed Death please.
Damascus
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I am writing a story about how extremely evil love is. It is the affirmation of everything that i believe is true about this whole god damn universe. This entire place sickens me. There is no point. I write this story because if i don't i know i will go mad. I hate my characters. I cant wait to kill them. I want them to indulge in all the "happiness" in life: sex, drugs, entertainment, wine and blah blah blah. then i will ruin thier lives. i will make it so horrible that the only answer will be to hate unquestionably and to fear love. Which is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. Slaves to emotion. I cant wait.

If you find this idiotic letter preachy self rigtous ignorant immature...

I dont care.

I am just unloading my ideas because they bother me immensly. i cant sleep

Damascus <= wants to be god

| Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hate my characters. I cant wait to kill them.

If you are looking for advice on how to write this kind of story, I don't think you need any. Just write it, get the frustration out, then set it on a shelf, floppy, or your favorite form of storage.

I would suggest talking to someone professional to get some help with your problems. Writing can help, but from what you have written you need more than to write about it.

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nexus Capacitor
Member # 1694

- posted      Profile for Nexus Capacitor   Email Nexus Capacitor         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I should be worried or if I should encourage you...

What the Hell, encouragement it is.

Good luck writing this. If you want people to read something like this, you have to make them really care about the characters before you torture them. After doing nasty stuff for a while, give the characters a break to build up some hope, then crush them again! Repeat as necessary.

Once you're done, consider selling the screenplay to Lifetime Movies.

Posts: 144 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Falken224
unregistered

ROFLMAO!

quote:
Once you're done, consider selling the screenplay to Lifetime Movies.

Ain't that the truth. If they don't go for it, see if you can get on Oprah.

-Nate

(Still chuckling)

Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Your topic title is more unsettling than your rant. As per LordD's advice, get to a therapist. Fast. And God's best to you.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Damascus
unregistered

Damascus

[This message has been edited by Damascus (edited November 06, 2003).]

WatersOfMimir
Member # 1785

- posted      Profile for WatersOfMimir   Email WatersOfMimir         Edit/Delete Post 
If there is no point to anything, then why are you bothering to write this?
If there is no point, then there is no point.
If there is no point and there is no point and there is no point then WHY ARE YOU DOING WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, I'd like to think there are other roads to happiness than sex, drugs, entertainment, wine... You might investigate other options to make yourself happy - or volunteer to help others less well off, to find value and happiness in what you do have. Writing can be cathartic, but so can talking to someone who can be there for you.

There is always a point, but my point may not be your point! Maybe the point is to find your point... not an easy task. It is the hard that makes finding your point great (yes, paraphrasing Tom Hanks in ALOTO).

Good luck.

Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
James Maxey
Member # 1335

- posted      Profile for James Maxey   Email James Maxey         Edit/Delete Post 
>>Um, I'd like to think there are other roads to happiness than sex, drugs, entertainment, wine....<<

World conquest, for example.

--JAM

Posts: 252 | Registered: Dec 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
But what do you do with the world once you've conquered it? And does it really mean all of your new minions will obey? Or do you have to now spend time consolidating your rule... I'd rather be sailing!
Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Me too. That's pretty cool.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Thieftess
Member # 1683

- posted      Profile for Thieftess   Email Thieftess         Edit/Delete Post 
World conquest...and a nice piece of tiramisu. Never underestimate the power of a good tiramisu.

Posts: 280 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
pickled shuttlecock
Member # 1714

- posted      Profile for pickled shuttlecock           Edit/Delete Post 
Or a nice MLT...mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe...they're so perky. I love that.
Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Falken224
unregistered

*munching*

Anybody want a peanut?

-Nate

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.