Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » a question and a small (but hopefully very helpful) plug

Author Topic: a question and a small (but hopefully very helpful) plug
disgust
Member # 2016

- posted      Profile for disgust           Edit/Delete Post 
first, I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with OSC's "a thousand ideas"? it sounded interesting from what I've heard on hatrack, but I never really heard much more about it.

does he goe into it in any detail in his Character and Viewpoint book?

also, if any of you are interested in trying to publish something, you may want to check out http://www.wordwarriorspress.com/

I know the woman that runs the site/company. she's really interested in finding things to publish, especially from younger people (late teens, early 20's). the first book's already been published, another (coming from a somewhat famous songwriter) is coming out soon.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Member # 1658

- posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules         Edit/Delete Post 
Look back through the threads here. We tried using the technique on this board about 6 months ago, with some interesting results. It was quite illuminating...
Posts: 626 | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
We could try it again, if you like. It's always very interesting what you come up with, and no matter how many people participate in the same 1000 ideas, everyone gets different stories out of it. (Even if they have similiar bits.)

I did participate in "1000" idea...he does one at his literary class and boot camp. (Actually, in the class portion.) It's a terrific way to get ideas going, and it works. The basic principle is that you just keep asking questions until you stop giving cliche answers and start getting something really interesting.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.