Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Guess who's coming to dinner

Author Topic: Guess who's coming to dinner
Edmund
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Edmund   Email Edmund         Edit/Delete Post 
My local writer's group (The WGOT) has arranged to bring in Katherine Sands, a top lit agent from NYC, to speak in Greensboro, NC, at the main branch of the library. The WGOT is paying all the necessary expenses, so the presentation is free to anyone who wants to attend. She'll be speaking on Oct. 24, from 4:30 to about 6:30. I don't know who might or might not live in the general area, so I wanted to let everyone know about the opportunity. It's open to the public.

Katharine Sands, a literary agent in New York City, is a frequent and popular speaker for writer conferences from New York to Hawaii to Paris. Her new book, Making the Perfect Pitch, includes articles by top New York agents. She is a literary agent with the Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency, representing a wide range of authors in a broad range of categories-from literary fiction, chick lit, and dysfiction to faction to nonfiction (popular culture, entertainment, personal growth, leisure activities) to home arts (lifestyle, cookbooks, home design) to the more eclectic (travel, humor, and spirituality). She has represented the literary estate of Norman Wexler, Academy Award-nominated screenwriter for Saturday Night Fever, XTC: SongStories; Under the Hula Moon by Jocelyn Fuji (as co-agent); The Tao of Beauty by model Helen Lee; Make Up, Don't Break Up by Oprah guest Dr.Bonnie Eaker Weil, among many others. Katharine has been a guest speaker on writing and publishing topics for Poets and Writers, The American Society of Journalists and Authors, New York University and the New York State Council on the Arts. Her book reviews have appeared in Publishers Weekly and the New York Times Book Review.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0871162067/104-6041008-8267901?v=glance

Posts: 1200 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell my sister about that. Wish I lived close enough to go.

But anyways...

Speaking of dinner, Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks out there! Have a good long weekend.

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hildy9595
Member # 1489

- posted      Profile for Hildy9595   Email Hildy9595         Edit/Delete Post 
I've attended a Katherine Sands session and found it very, very helpful. She is really great, full of practical advice, and at our session (in NYC at the Learning Annex) even took chapters from folks to look over and provide feedback on. Enjoy, and I hope you get as much out of it as I did.
Posts: 338 | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.