Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » I know this isn't about writing, but...

Author Topic: I know this isn't about writing, but...
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an auntie!!!!
I'm just so excited, I had to tell someone! If I was physically capable of doing backflips, cartwheels, or other miscellaneous forms of gymnastics, I would!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Of course it's about writing. You are giving us the opportunity to witness your happiness while taking copious notes on your reactions. I plan on "borrowing":
quote:
If I was physically capable of doing backflips, cartwheels, or other miscellaneous forms of gymnastics, I would!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably leave out some of the exclamation marks. Do you have a niece or nephew?

Y'know, you could do a little thirteen-liner of detail that I personally wouldn't mind reading at all.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a boy. His name Jaoquin Jr.

My dad (the proud Grandpa!) called me on his cell phone from deep inside the hospital (not to mention it was long distance), so the only information I was able to get over the phone was that Baby Jaoquin joined the outside world at about 12:20 p.m. EST (just in time for lunch) I just can't stop grinning and giggling. I've been an auntie to a couple of my friends kids, but this is the first time for one of my sisters!

Hopefully I'll get another call, or an e-mail soon with more details!!!!!!! (still grinning! )

[This message has been edited by Robyn_Hood (edited January 07, 2005).]

Netstorm2k
Member # 2279

- posted      Profile for Netstorm2k   Email Netstorm2k         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Now you get to spoil him.

Posts: 331 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HuntGod
Member # 2259

- posted      Profile for HuntGod           Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure to buy him lots of toys that make noise, parents love those, louder the better.
Posts: 552 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats I'm up to 6 neices and 2 nephews. Just remember that one day he is going to come up to you and say "Auntie Hood why are you doing that?" and you will not be entirley sure if you were doing anything at all. I want you to say "This is what people do."
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say, if you were physically capable of doing backflips, cartwheels, etc, then you would probably be somewhat less excited.

Just my own personal experience. When you actually get to play with this baby for about the fiftieth time, you will be so excited that you would throw said infant high into the air (flipping end over end) if at all possible

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

Thanks for all the congrats!

From the reports I'm getting, Baby and Mommy are doing well and should both be home now.

RFLong
Member # 1923

- posted      Profile for RFLong           Edit/Delete Post 
Huge congrats!
Posts: 284 | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, HuntGod, I USED to have some friends that would have thought that a good idea.

Congratulations!

Enjoy it while you feel young. I'm on my third Grand-niece/nephew. I used to change their mother's diapers!

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.