Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Help with maps.

Author Topic: Help with maps.
Shi Magadan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for Shi Magadan   Email Shi Magadan         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know of a good website for maps of places outside the US? I'm specifically looking for a street map of Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad (for a short SF story I'm working on). This is a fairly large city, but I'm having trouble finding a detailed map. Google produces some sites that show the general area, but nothing with street-level-detail.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Member # 1658

- posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules         Edit/Delete Post 
Does this help? It doesn't have road names, but you can see the general layout of the city.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=48.7103&lon=44.4836&scale=50000&icon=x

[This message has been edited by Jules (edited February 08, 2005).]

Posts: 626 | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shi Magadan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for Shi Magadan   Email Shi Magadan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks Jules, I can see that there is a bridge crossing the river in the northern part of the city (which is what I needed to know). I'm particularly interested in the distance from that bridge to Mamal Hill (which is not marked on the map, but is an important monument).

Names of streets don't concern me, but the name of the bridge(s) would be useful.

Thanks for the great help.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.