Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » It's official......

Author Topic: It's official......
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies and gentlemen, as of today I am DONE WITH COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!! That's so wonderful!
Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahl22
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, congrats. What are your plans now?

(And if you say, "Go to Disneyland," I'll throttle you. Well not me, personally, I have people that do that....)

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Apr 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Three Minute Egg
Member # 2523

- posted      Profile for Three Minute Egg   Email Three Minute Egg         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the educated unemployed.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
Grats.
Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! So now what? Did you get your med school package done? Heard anything about it?

<Slap> Oh all right, I'll let you bask in the glory that is graduation!

All the best in your future endevors.

[This message has been edited by Robyn_Hood (edited May 03, 2005).]

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for Beth   Email Beth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Minister
Member # 2213

- posted      Profile for Minister   Email Minister         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Now the real fun begins!
Posts: 491 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Jeraliey. Major congrats!
Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
Picture me dragging my old grad cap from some dark musty closet and tossing it into the air in your honor.

Good for you!!

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Hurrah!!!!
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Brown
Member # 1118

- posted      Profile for Doc Brown   Email Doc Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo, Jeraliey.

I hope that "done with college" does not mean done with education. Learning is a lifelong adventure.

But you knew that already. You college graduates are all smart and stuff.

Posts: 976 | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
limo
Member # 2470

- posted      Profile for limo           Edit/Delete Post 
Well done
that's really great.
Hop eyou have a good ol party to celebrate.
li

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
TheoPhileo
Member # 1914

- posted      Profile for TheoPhileo   Email TheoPhileo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, congratulations! That's when I was able to really start writing (and reading, for that matter, hehe).
Posts: 292 | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

Hey, thank you all for the well-wishing!

Rahl: This summer I'm doing research in heart failure and transplant, hopefully resulting in a peer-reviewed publication. The subject will likely be either (1) an assessment of the quality of care available in medical practice for patients with ventricular assist devices (VADs) or (2) a quantitative assessment of the effectiveness of BNP and NT-pro-BNP assays in the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure cases. After the summer, I'll be travelling around a lot, doing theater (either dramatic or technical, or both...haven't decided yet), and writing all I can. Hopefully I'll finish my novel. I also plan on catching up with all the books I missed reading over the past four years. I'd also like to find a charity clinic to volunteer in, maybe in a big city somewhere, and see if I'm qualified to help with any health care for homeless or underprivilaged families. I'd like to continue my work in Child Life and literacy tutoring. I also want to get back to sculpting and craftwork, as well as piano and guitar since I've had NO time to do any of that throughout college, and I miss it terribly. We'll see how much time I have.

During all this time, if you can believe it, I'll be applying to medical schools. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll have been accepted into at least one of them! Then it's off to med school, where I hope to study surgery (either cardiovascular or reconstructive with a specialty in hands).

Robyn: The AMCAS application actually only just went up today, and won't even be submitted to schools until August, no matter when I complete it this summer. So, I decided to focus on graduating with the highest GPA possible instead of worrying about trying to get that done too. Now that classes are over, the application gets a massive amount of attention!

Doc: Please don't worry about that. Medicine is one of those fields where you stay a student for the rest of your life. I think that was part of the appeal for me

Limo: I'm actually less of a party animal than most...I celebrated the end of my finals by first of all calling my mom. Then I cooked brunch for one of my friends who had to go to work right after our physiology final, and we had a picnic at her desk in the Art & Music Library. Later, I made dinner with my best friend and we watched an episode of Firefly (I just introduced her to the series), and then we met up with two more of my best friends to go see Hitchhiker's Guide (again ) I came back to find out that the folks I live with got me a huge orange and yellow stuffed fish as a graduation present, to add to my growing collection of huge, brightly-colored stuffed fish. I plan on reading myself to sleep tonight, with a book that has NOTHING TO DO WITH CLASSES!!! Pretty nice party, if you ask me!

(Oh, and my friends are throwing a cocktail party Thursday night, and my school sponsors Senior Week, which is just a large string of fun stuff to do (like amusement park visits, canoeing, and wine tours). I guess I'm good with the partying!)

Thanks again, everyone, for your interest and your good wishes!

[This message has been edited by Jeraliey (edited May 04, 2005).]

goatboy
Member # 2062

- posted      Profile for goatboy   Email goatboy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
graduation

Music to my ears. Congratulations!

[This message has been edited by goatboy (edited May 10, 2005).]

Posts: 497 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
keldon02
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for keldon02   Email keldon02         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

It sounds like you have a pretty full agenda, though I think you should go ahead and do all the things you won't have time for after you do get into med school.

Posts: 245 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MCameron
Member # 2391

- posted      Profile for MCameron   Email MCameron         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

You know, I was rather disappointed that no one caught that in "Quest for Survivor" Christine's nom de plume wrote all over your med school application.

--Mel

Posts: 269 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kolona
Member # 1438

- posted      Profile for Kolona   Email Kolona         Edit/Delete Post 
Add my congrats to the list.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

WARNING! SHAMELESS BRAGGING IMMINENT!

I just found out today that I'm going to graduate cum laude

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.