Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Does 1 inch margin include page number?

Author Topic: Does 1 inch margin include page number?
paraworlds
Member # 2381

- posted      Profile for paraworlds   Email paraworlds         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that we should always do a 1 inch margin on all sides. What about the page number? Do we set our margins at 1 inch and then start with the page number from there? Or do we just make sure that the text of the story starts at the 1 inch margin and forget that the page number happens to be outside of that 1 inch margin?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
abby
Member # 2681

- posted      Profile for abby   Email abby         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be wrong, usually the page number goes in the header, which sets itself according to the margin settings.
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's right. Set your margins to one inch, set your page number (make sure you put it in the right place - different publishers have different requirements!), and your software will work out the rest.
Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.