Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Writer's forum for people under 18

Author Topic: Writer's forum for people under 18
kgator
Member # 2787

- posted      Profile for kgator   Email kgator         Edit/Delete Post 

Hello everyone,

Phrasingsmith and I have opened a writers' workshop forum for writers aged 18 or younger ( see the link below this paragraph ). It's currently called the Writers Workshop. (We'll have a vote on a possibe name change later.) This forum is a place where young writers can learn about, talk about, and contribute to writing. Here's the address:

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/?mforum=writers

When you get there, please register first and take some time to read the rules and regulations, then you can start writing! The format is very similar to here (with permission from Kathleen-Thank you!)

Sincerely,
-Kgator
p.s: as you can see from the note below, it would be best to sign on after Monday, August 22nd.

* Please Note *

The phpbbforfree.com dedicated server will be going down Sunday the 21st of August at 7pm EST or later for software upgrades, mass backup, and a dedicated server move/upgrade. All hosted forums will be offline during this time. Forum usage will return Monday into Tuesday morning.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know of any others they'd recommend?

A friend asked, on behalf of her daughter. I'd call her ability level medium: she'll get an A in English, but she's not publishable yet.

Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Graff
Member # 2648

- posted      Profile for 'Graff   Email 'Graff         Edit/Delete Post 
The young writer's forum I frequent most is http://www.apollyein.com/forums/. We're a pretty tight-knit community, but we've been growing lately. There are sections dedicated to general discussion and debate, poetry, short stories, inane banter, reviews, and a separate section for pieces that have mature content/themes. We try to help one another become better writers, though none of us have very many publishing credits. We're always happy to welcome new members who are serious about writing.

If anyone is interested, or knows of someone who might be, the link, again, is Apollyein.com.

-----------
Wellington

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minister
Member # 2213

- posted      Profile for Minister   Email Minister         Edit/Delete Post 
The other one that comes immediately to mind is the Notebored. www.notebored.com/board/index.php
Posts: 491 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post 
My son has asked where he can go, too. He's only twelve but scary serious.

Edit: (Shamefacedly corrects son's age).

[This message has been edited by hoptoad (edited June 01, 2006).]

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You really want us to tell him "where to go"?

Nothing personal against him. I'm not sure if the humor comes across anyway.

Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

Well, if he's anything like his older sister he'll be telling me where to go soon enough.

( Philosophy = assert dominance while you're still bigger than them )

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Size matters not. Look at me, judge me by my size, would you? And where you should not.

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

But he was like 600 years old.
Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

Good point. I wonder if it bothers Yoda to begin his sentences with a conjunction?

[This message has been edited by hoptoad (edited June 02, 2006).]

pooka
Member # 1738

He's too busy figuring out how to end them with pronouns and modals.
Survivor
Member # 213

I'm pretty sure that after over 900 years of training Jedi, he's got it down pat.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray
Member # 2415

- posted      Profile for Ray   Email Ray         Edit/Delete Post 
800 years training Jedi, 900 years of living. He had to spend at least one century getting trained himself.
Posts: 329 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

Well, that's not what he claims.
Survivor
Member # 213

Someone is going to have to settle this by appeal to the DVD editions featuring the original theatrical release. But it won't be me
Ray
Member # 2415

- posted      Profile for Ray   Email Ray         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. But I don't think it'll be me either. That's too original for the original editions.
Posts: 329 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been given these links for young people's writers' forums:

http://teenink.com/
http://teenink.com/talk/

Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.