Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Need someone to join my group

Author Topic: Need someone to join my group
Smaug
Member # 2807

- posted      Profile for Smaug   Email Smaug         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't an official Hatrack group, which is why I posted here instead of in that category, however, it's a functioning critique group that I'm a part of (I'm the moderator). I need 1-2 people who write scifi or fantasy. Let me know if you're interested.

Shane

Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "official Hatrack group"? Does that mean that most of the other members aren't from Hatrack?
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john clark
Member # 2976

- posted      Profile for john clark           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you tell us something about the group?
What kind of sci-fi your interested in, and
what kind of educational bg you want?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
There really are no "official Hatrack groups" any more.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

- posted      Profile for Monolith   Email Monolith         Edit/Delete Post 
I write fantasy and I'm wanting to know what the rules are and the such.

Thanks

-Monolith-

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Graff
Member # 2648

- posted      Profile for 'Graff   Email 'Graff         Edit/Delete Post 
Likewise.

-----------
Wellington

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:
What do you mean by "official Hatrack group"? Does that mean that most of the other members aren't from Hatrack?

Yes, that's what it means. To my knowledge anyway. I've pointed Hatrack out to them, but I don't know if they've joined. If they're using a strange user name that's non-identifiable, there's no way I'd know unless they mentioned it.

Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:
Can you tell us something about the group?
What kind of sci-fi your interested in, and
what kind of educational bg you want?

Educational background is varied. Myself, I have a lot of college classes under my belt, but no degree. The others I believe have at least some college, but I've never questioned them about it. Our stories have run the gamit from hard scifi to Star Wars level to fantasy (which I guess Star Wars is for that matter), complete with elves and such denizens. So it's not all that specific as to what we want.

How it works: We try to keep our group at four to five people. Each Monday, according to a schedule made by the moderator (right now that's me), one of the group subs, no more than 2000 words. It can be a little longer, but that's the number the others are obligated to critique for the week. Then, those who are critiquing that week have until Saturday night to hand in their critique.
That's basically how we do it.

If you're interested in joining, go here: http://museitupclub.tripod.com.id4.html and read the guidelines for joining, then register if you're still interested. Those responsible for assigning writers to groups will assign you to mine if you say you're genre is Science Fiction or Fantasy.

If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me privately.

Shane

Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:
I write fantasy and I'm wanting to know what the rules are and the such.

quote:
Likewise

See above--and thanks for your interest.

Shane

Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:
There really are no "official Hatrack groups" any more.

You mean I could've posted it in that other thread?

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.