Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » I want to post synopsized background for a story, but...

Author Topic: I want to post synopsized background for a story, but...
JohnArden
Member # 3272

- posted      Profile for JohnArden           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anywhere I can post some background information for a story idea I have? It was based on a dream and I am running with it. I need to know some things about gangs, mag-lev trains, and a little "train history" in general. Can anyone help?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
As someone once said (in a rather different context), "This is the right place."

Let us hear about it, JohnArden, and we'll help you brainstorm.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
When you ask for help, be sure to specify exactly what you want to know. You say you want to know about gangs. What, specifically, are you looking for? How they operate? How they make money? What their motives are? You want to know about trains. Mechanics? Vintage models? Food car? The more specific you can be, the better the help we can provide to you. You'll be amazed at the wealth of knowledge you'll find here.
Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.