Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Flash Challenge #61 is open

Author Topic: Flash Challenge #61 is open
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Flash Challenge #61 is open.

Thanks to Kathleen for allowing us to post this announcement. We appreciate it!

You must be registered at Liberty Hall Writers in order to flash and/or read and comment. Go here to register at Libery Hall

--------------

Liberty Hall is here.

You are welcome to join us. If you don't already know one of us personally, then please email me and ask for admission.

Membership is by invitation only, in order to protect our writers and their rights.

--------------

The writing period will be from now until midnight Sunday.

Email or PM me with any questions.

-------------

Trigger Request and Story Submittal and Formatting

1) Please go to http://www.libertyhallwriters.org/stories/ and click on Trigger Login to log in to see the trigger. When you do, the clock starts.

You will have no more than 90 minutes total to return your story by submitting it. This time limit is strictly enforced.

2) Please go to http://www.libertyhallwriters.org/stories/ and click on Submittal Login to log in to the submittal page. When you submit, the clock stops.

3) Please include the word count and a title at the start of your submittal.

You will not receive a separate response that we have your submittal.

If you have any problems, please email flashmod prime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use bbcode in the text of your submittal to have italics, bold or underlined text show up in your story when it is posted.

Go here to learn how.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you must, use underscores before and after italicized text to indicate the formatting to the reader. Flashmods will no longer format for you.

[This message has been edited by MaryRobinette (edited June 30, 2006).]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommiller
Member # 3285

- posted      Profile for mommiller   Email mommiller         Edit/Delete Post 
The link to register is not working?

I would really like to join this but have not been able too.

What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 306 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Membership is by invitation only, because we were getting slammed by spammers. I'll send you an invitation key.

But besides that, the link to the registration info got mangled. I've fixed it now.

[This message has been edited by MaryRobinette (edited June 30, 2006).]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LibbieMistretta
Member # 3496

- posted      Profile for LibbieMistretta   Email LibbieMistretta         Edit/Delete Post 
What if I already emailed Mike like two weeks ago and never heard anything? :'(

can you send me a registration key, please, Mary? I've been hoping to participate in the Flash Challenges for a while now! Thanks.

highwinds @ gmail.com

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corin224
Member # 2513

- posted      Profile for Corin224   Email Corin224         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to post troubleshooting stuff for Liberty Hall on this forum, but . . .

I registered in the past . . . long ago around flash challenge 5 or so. Any time I try to log into the Liberty Hall form, or the trigger page, I get errors. Am I using the wrong username / password, or are they actually broken?

-Falken224 (posing as Corin)

Posts: 121 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 1738

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm. I logged in twice wrong (I assume, the screen I got to was rather cryptic) and the third try I got a thing that said "array". I'll have to look around and see if I have the email record of my registration anywhere.
Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommiller
Member # 3285

I tried e-mailing Mike too, and never heard back from him.

Maybe there are more problems than initially thought.

Thanks for sending me the code!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for Beth   Email Beth         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike's been having some problems with his internet connection at home lately, which probably means some things are slipping through the cracks.

LH was taken down by a hacker a few months ago, and existing registrations got messed up in that process. Send him (or Mary!) e-mail if you need help straightening it out.

Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

What Beth said. Mike has been hit by flooding and lost internet at home.

For those of you that had a registration once upon a time, email me with what you think your user name was and I'll check your account.

LibbieMistretta, an invitation key is on its way.

LibbieMistretta
Member # 3496

- posted      Profile for LibbieMistretta   Email LibbieMistretta         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Mary - I got it!

Yikes - I hope Mike is doing okay!

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
I have authorized the registrations for MomMiller and Libby. Welcome to Liberty Hall!

Anyone who registered before December 2005 is probably not going to be able to log in due to losing the site to a server hack back in April.

Please email me and ask for a registration, but be patient. My presence online is still spotty; we have no phone service yet and hence no home internet service. I get on when I can.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommiller
Member # 3285

Thanks Mike!

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are having. I hope everything resolves itself soon.

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing a bottle of whisky and a shotgun couldn't fix.

Well, it wouldn't necessarily fix things, but it would make me feel better.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruHero
Member # 1766

- posted      Profile for TruHero   Email TruHero         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been thinking of signing up at Liberty Hall for a while now too. Could someone be my sponsor? As long as there aren't any twelve-step programs involved, I'd love to join in the fun!

truhero@oasisbb.net

Posts: 471 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.