Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » World eBook Fair

Author Topic: World eBook Fair
Jammrock
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for Jammrock   Email Jammrock         Edit/Delete Post 
Until 4 Aug 2006 the World eBook fair is opening up their site for free to the public:

http://www.worldebookfair.com/

They have over 300,000 ebooks and a mix of human and computer read audio books. The vast majority of them are out-of-copyright books, but among them are some all time classics such as the Sherlock Holmes books, HG Wells, Jules Verne, etc, which makes it great time to grab a bunch of those classics you've been meaning to read. Thought I'd share.

Jammrock

Posts: 136 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool.

I wanted to add that they have Baen's library there, as well as some sheet music -- 17th, 18th century -- and old movies (mostly ads, public service announcements, etc.). When I visited the movie website, the spotlighted film happened to be an anti-smoking film from the 50's produced by BYU. Weird.

"Duck and Cover" is also there (not the one in the movie The Iron Giant ).

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.