Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » I'm out of things to critique

Author Topic: I'm out of things to critique
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

- posted      Profile for Louiseoneal   Email Louiseoneal         Edit/Delete Post 
And I don't feel like reading anything in the house.

Anyone want to send me something?

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verdant
Member # 3498

- posted      Profile for Verdant   Email Verdant         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is a dangerous request.

;-)

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

- posted      Profile for Louiseoneal   Email Louiseoneal         Edit/Delete Post 
I read fast. And I don't know how much longer I'm going to have this glorious free time, so the more I get to read and write, the better off I'll be!
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marva
Member # 3171

- posted      Profile for Marva   Email Marva         Edit/Delete Post 
You post a message like this and you're not already inundated?

Actually, I've got an annoying (can't get the right ending) story in soft scifi if you want to take a crack at it. Androids, world congress, L5 stations. Stuff like that, but it's not overly technical, more a sociological thing.

I sent it to you. Read or not, that's okay.

[This message has been edited by Marva (edited July 10, 2006).]

Posts: 153 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

Oh, I'm a little buried in reading material now. I'm not complaining, though. I asked for it. And it's helping me learn to edit my own work.
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
Try reading the instructions for assemble-it-yourself furniture fabricated in China. That's always amusing English.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trousercuit
Member # 3235

- posted      Profile for trousercuit   Email trousercuit         Edit/Delete Post 
"Misunderstanding most happily screwing driver, gripe board of top by tail and thrust heatward..."
Posts: 453 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

Trousercuit, is that kind of story really appropriate on this messsage board?

trousercuit
Member # 3235

- posted      Profile for trousercuit   Email trousercuit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you're the sicko who sees self-assembly instructions and immediately thinks "romance novel."

One of us needs to get out more, and it's not me.

Posts: 453 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
discipuli
Member # 3395

- posted      Profile for discipuli   Email discipuli         Edit/Delete Post 
i have a half finished story that seems to want to become a novella.. want it? email?
Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louiseoneal
Member # 3494

Email it to louiseoneal1972@yahoo.com if you haven't already. I probably do need to get out more, but meanwhile, I'm trying to learn how to edit! (Besides, getting out more usually costs money and has been known to lead to a sensitive tummy and pounding head next morning).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.