Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Is this legit?

Author Topic: Is this legit?
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.rspublishing.com.au/

It's one of the few Australian publishers who will willingly accept Fantasy/Sci-fi, my favourite two genre. I don't have any clue if its legit or not because my personal experience is lacking in finding a legit publisher as I've never really sent anything off yet.

Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for Beth   Email Beth         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like they're an e-book/story publisher, don't pay an advance, seriously need a copy editor for their site, and feature the work of the site owner.
Posts: 1750 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like they charge the writer a fee... its a bit hard to follow their website. Bit dodgy if you ask me.

[This message has been edited by hoptoad (edited August 03, 2006).]

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Check a few of the currently published works - extracts are available.

I checked out three at random and began losing the will to live.

Personally, I wouldn't submit to it.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pantros
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for pantros   Email pantros         Edit/Delete Post 
Who published Sara Douglas's books (Battleaxe, etc...) They were an Australian Publisher of Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Go to your local bookstore. Look for books in your genre by Author's you've never heard of and look at their publisher. Then find a writer's market book and get the submissions info on those publishing houses. Those are the places you want to submit.

Posts: 370 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf II
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Leaf II   Email Leaf II         Edit/Delete Post 
/\

why?

Posts: 147 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thieftess
Member # 1683

- posted      Profile for Thieftess   Email Thieftess         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I don't want anyone to have heard of me either, of course.
Posts: 280 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
I learned something again Thanks everyone
Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Pantros wrote:
quote:
Go to your local bookstore. Look for books in your genre by Author's you've never heard of and look at their publisher. Then find a writer's market book and get the submissions info on those publishing houses. Those are the places you want to submit

Leaf write:

quote:
why?

I assume that Pantros means that these are the publishers who are prepared to sign on new, unknown, authors, rather than just the "big names". Of course, many publishers may well do both.

Every household name was an unknown author once.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pantros
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for pantros   Email pantros         Edit/Delete Post 
that's exactly what I meant. You want a publisher that will sign an unknown.
Posts: 370 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf II
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Leaf II   Email Leaf II         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Okay. Thanks for the follow up.

-leaf

Posts: 147 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.