Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » 50k words!

Author Topic: 50k words!
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to share with you guys that last night I hit the 50k "milestone" with my WIP novel.

Just over 1/2 done .

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cll
Member # 3673

- posted      Profile for cll   Email cll         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done and congrats! Keep at it!

cll

Posts: 92 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole
Member # 3549

- posted      Profile for Nicole   Email Nicole         Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to throw a 50k party and get hopelessly sloshed, right?

Anyway, congratulations, rcorporon! May you have fun writing the other half.

Nicole

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
You only *think* you're halfway done...let us know if the book actually turns out to be 100k at the end!

I thought I was halfway done at 50k and now at 70k I think I'm almost done. (There is room for fluffing in the rewrite.)

OTher people I know get to 100k and realize THAT may actually be the halfway point!

Never know...

Nice job getting so much written, in any case.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go. And I can speak without envy because I just passed twenty thousand words in the novel I started just two weeks ago. It may not be as much as some of you, but it's by far the best novel start I've had so far this century...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojoyful
Member # 2997

- posted      Profile for sojoyful   Email sojoyful         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I'm very jealous. I wish I had the time to get that far...maybe when I retire in 30 years or so.
Posts: 470 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valtam2
Member # 3174

- posted      Profile for Valtam2   Email Valtam2         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations! It's time to party. I'll bake a cake.
Posts: 50 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

Thanks for the encouragement!!
Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acadia5
Member # 3181

- posted      Profile for acadia5   Email acadia5         Edit/Delete Post 
That is cool! Looking forward to seeing your name emblazened on the cover of a new novel at bookstores across America!
-Jason

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MollieBryn
Member # 3728

- posted      Profile for MollieBryn   Email MollieBryn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, providing I actually learn your real name, I'm sure I'll buy a copy of your book.
Congratulations on 50K!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOHN
Member # 1343

- posted      Profile for JOHN           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

I was really proud of myself for finishing my first novel at 30,000. A massive rewrite/retooling turned it into a 70,000 word novel. My second novel, I just couldn't shut up and in its current incarnation clocks in at 140K!!!!!! It's a stand alone fantasy novel, but I think I need to trim it a bit.

50,000 is a great landmark. Don't stop now!

JOHN!

Posts: 401 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AaronAndy
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for AaronAndy   Email AaronAndy         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you were talking about NaNoWriMo there for a minute...

Congrats on 50k and good luck on the next 50!

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, man. 50k isn't easy for anyone to get to, especially if it's only half way through. I'd like to be able to hit 50k soon, but I'm only at 11k now.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
You're 8K ahead of me.

Congratulations.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

Real name? That's easy. "Ronnie Corporon." Hence my lame username .

Thanks again for all the kind words. You've helped get me on my way and keep on plodding.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.