Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Parents and Writing

Author Topic: Parents and Writing
Matt Lust
Member # 3031

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
Its days like today (US father's day) and Mother's day that I realize how much my parents have influenced how I see the world which in turn influences how I write.

Here's to those who made all writers who and what they have been, are and will be; those who raised them.

[This message has been edited by Matt Lust (edited June 17, 2007).]

Posts: 514 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, here.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
Our Aussie fathers day is still a few months off but I do realise what you mean. In our raising our parents have allowed their views to shape us, their interests become ours sometimes. My parents allowed me to be free with my thoughts and at first I like the suspense/thriller novels written by Dale Brown and Tom Clancy, but as time moved on I changed and took up fantasy/sci-fi.

With that freedom I was able to express myself through writing as well, and my parents have supported in everything I have chosen to do in my life, whether the outcome has turned bad or good.

Thanks are in order for my parents.

Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.