Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write? 07-09-07

Author Topic: Did You Write? 07-09-07
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
Did You Write? 07-09-07

As to my question of the week, I cannot really say YES. I had one of those really busy weeks. Other than my regular daily story ideas, I have not tackled any of my stories. I did write an E-mail with an interesting scene from my Waxy stories, but it was not something that would likely get published.
I did write some good story ideas, ones I am somewhat proud of. The person who decided to write one of my story ideas, E-mailed me the results. Not bad, Interesting ending. A fun story. I have not read it for editing, but it was pretty good.

Along with these DID YOU WRITE, notes, I also write an on line woodworking diary, which I have kept up since 2000, and just started an on line metal working diary. My metal working is not an activity I do a lot of so it will get rare postings. I started it because of a blacksmith forum I have become a member on. I post it on two other boards.
As to that diary, I started making four carving knives. I had given away both of the last two knives I made, so I decided to make another pair. I then found that one of my files was knife shaped, so I decided to make it also into carving knives, as some of my metal removing work is already done for me. With four extra knives, I will have no problems giving them away, or selling them. I can also have knives at places I normally don't have carving knives available.

So basically, I will say I did not write, since I really don't seriously consider my story ideas as writing. It is too much fun for that.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote, yes. I struggled most of the way through a horribly difficult scene in my novel, finished the first draft of a short story, discussed a short story I'm collaborating on with my collaborator, and thought of a plot for another short story.

Although I didn't quite reach my goal of 1,000 words a day, I wasn't too terribly behind that. So it was a pretty good weeks.

Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. I kept up a steady pace of five hundred words a day. Even on days like yesterday, where I squeezed time to write right before I went to bed, where I didn't even have time to come over to here and make comment.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RMatthewWare
Member # 4831

- posted      Profile for RMatthewWare   Email RMatthewWare         Edit/Delete Post 
Not as much as I would have liked, but I was sick over the weekend and just now getting better. But I did write

Posts: 657 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda
Member # 3574

- posted      Profile for Lynda   Email Lynda         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm delighted to be out of editing/polishing mode and back into original writing mode, with the novel on its way to the book designer probably this week, and a new story bubbling up in my mind, yay! What fun!!

Lynda

Posts: 415 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dee_boncci
Member # 2733

- posted      Profile for dee_boncci   Email dee_boncci         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, everyday.
Posts: 612 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solarsurfer
Member # 5619

- posted      Profile for solarsurfer           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeppers. Was on a roll for a while but I've hit one of those wonderful, head-scratching spots where you know you have to switch over to another character/event...

[This message has been edited by solarsurfer (edited July 11, 2007).]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darklight
Member # 5213

- posted      Profile for darklight   Email darklight         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I began a new novel. An idea I had in my head a couple of weeks. Got about five hundred words so far but my head is full of plot lines and charaters. I'm glad I'm writing again.
Posts: 626 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Bill   Email Bill         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

I am going through a novel, making some needed changes as a result of some great feedback from colleagues at Hatrack.

Bill

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.