Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Plea for Queries

Author Topic: Plea for Queries
kings_falcon
Member # 3261

- posted      Profile for kings_falcon   Email kings_falcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Evil Editor has sent out the following request for queries:

Evil Editor is running low on query letters. If your query isn't getting results, run it by EE and his minions. Not only do you get a critique, readers get to play Guess the Plot with your title. Visit EvilEditor.net.

EE's comments to the query letters are very helpful and the feedback from the minions is generally pretty good too. Anyone who has a query letter they are ready to shop around or they have been shopping but hasn't been getting hits should take advantage of EE's services.

Posts: 1210 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WouldBe
Member # 5682

- posted      Profile for WouldBe   Email WouldBe         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a coincidence. I've been thinking about proposing that HRWW allow posting of query letters, but I worried that many would be nervous about revealing too much about their stories to the public. I hadn't heard about evileditor.net, but I have a character in a YA novel who is called "Evil Editor" by another character.

[This message has been edited by WouldBe (edited July 18, 2007).]

Posts: 746 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebbieKW
Member # 5058

- posted      Profile for DebbieKW   Email DebbieKW         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, you can post queries here, WouldBe. Just go to the F&F area and put "Query" at the beginning of your post's title. However, Evil Editor is a real editor. His advice is invaluable, if you can take the humor that's included in his advice. You might want to spiffy your query letter up here before putting it up there, but I do recommend the Evil Editor experience for anyone having trouble with their query letters not getting them published.

[This message has been edited by DebbieKW (edited July 19, 2007).]

Posts: 357 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.