Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » SFWA and eligible writers: a poll

Author Topic: SFWA and eligible writers: a poll
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, it's been ages since I've been around and there are a lot of faces I don't recognize. I've come bearing a request.

I’m trying to figure out what percentage of eligible writers belong to SFWA and what lies behind the percentage. To that end, I've put up a poll and am trying to get as broad a range of genre writers as possible. If you have a chance, would you mind answering a poll? It shouldn't take more than 20 seconds.

Thanks!

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatEsden
Member # 3504

- posted      Profile for PatEsden           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mary. I saw this on your LJ but took it here.

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Either I did something wrong or something's screwy with the poll, 'cause it took longer than twenty seconds.

Either way, I'm not a member and don't meet the requirements, though I do take the SFWA magazine in the, what'd they call it?..."associate membership," I think...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Robert, I wasn't counting the time it would take to do the essay portion of the poll. And thanks both of you for participating!

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.