Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Soundscapes

Author Topic: Soundscapes
SchamMan89
Member # 5562

- posted      Profile for SchamMan89   Email SchamMan89         Edit/Delete Post 
I really find listening to soundscapes before I write inspires me. Does anybody have suggestions for soundscapes to listen to (and maybe where I could find them)?

Thanks!

~Chris

Posts: 105 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
wolf sound cd from wolf.org $12 if i reamber right.

the sounds of a creek wolf hows and loon calls.

helps me get into my werewolf side for wrighting stories of my kind.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the sound of loons, (Kinda like Rommel and his wolves I just have this kinship with them.)

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
loon's are quite cool sounding until they are next to you as you sleep. then they freek me out when they loon call in your ear.
i emptyed an entire 10 round clip at one once many years ago. i didnt know it was a loon til morning.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at a loss...at first I took "soundscapes" to be some kind of rock group, but I guess it's some kind of ambient noise maker. No suggestions.

(I find the sound of my dishwasher running in the kitchen soothing when I'm trying to sleep...besides, it helps drown out any noise from outside...I sleep in the afternoons 'cause I work the graveyard shift...of course, it doesn't do my water bill any good...)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.