Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Positive News!!

Author Topic: Positive News!!
TMan1969
Member # 3552

- posted      Profile for TMan1969   Email TMan1969         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was feeling down about writing - I didn't kno if I wanted to write, figured why bother. I know pity parade speech...but then I got this e-mail...man did I feel good:

Hi Terry. I don't write to many poets because I don't have all the time I'd like to devote but I want to tell you that you have a lot of potential. I can see you're right on the verge of being a great poet.

I can't publish these poems but please keep writing and keep submitting. If you can find a poetry righting group or evening writing course please join to hone your skills.

Good luck and thank you for the service to your country. I support the men and women of our forces.

Cheers!
-Byron

Publisher from Quills poetry

every once in awhile its good to hear some good news, something positive.

Posts: 287 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Always nice to get something like this out of the blue, and it certainly is inspiring!
Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lullaby Lady
Member # 1840

- posted      Profile for Lullaby Lady   Email Lullaby Lady         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful! What a wonderful message you can keep and go back to whenever you get discouraged.

~LL

Posts: 212 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, that's a very encouraging note! I hope you have started a file.
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kings_falcon
Member # 3261

- posted      Profile for kings_falcon   Email kings_falcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful!
Posts: 1210 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
It's always nice to hear of someone who appreciates what you've written. One of the great joys of my writing Internet Fan Fiction was hearing from people who liked what I'd written and were willing to express themselves. And after twenty-five-some years of [mostly] printed form rejection slips, it was nice to learn my work had value to somebody besides me. (I still get the occasional approving comment to this day, though I gave up writing fanfic about four years ago.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.